Compiling Bind 8.8.2P3 with patch4 on BSDI4.0.1

Mark_Andrews at iengines.com Mark_Andrews at iengines.com
Sat Nov 13 21:20:01 UTC 1999

> Hi all
>
> Have been trying to compile the latest BIND 8.8.2P2 with patch4 on
> BSDI4.0.1.  Got the following error message while running make all
>
> shlicc  -O -g -I../../port/bsdos/include -I../../include   -c ns_stats.c
> ns_stats.c: In function `ns_logstats':
> ns_stats.c:346: structure has no member named `ru_utime'
> ns_stats.c:346: structure has no member named `ru_utime'
> ns_stats.c:346: structure has no member named `ru_stime'
> ns_stats.c:346: structure has no member named `ru_stime'
> ns_stats.c:347: structure has no member named `ru_utime'
> ns_stats.c:347: structure has no member named `ru_utime'
> ns_stats.c:347: structure has no member named `ru_stime'
> ns_stats.c:347: structure has no member named `ru_stime'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> Can someone figure out whats wrong?  Thanks.
>
> Cheerio
> Meng-Chong
>
> Quek Meng-Chong         mengchong.quek at pacific.net.sg
> Network Engineer	Pacific Internet Limited
>
> In a world of change I crave for permanence

	Well rusage is declared in <sys/resource.h> as

struct  rusage {
        struct timeval ru_utime;        /* user time used */
        struct timeval ru_stime;        /* system time used */
        long    ru_maxrss;              /* max resident set size */
#define ru_first        ru_ixrss
        long    ru_ixrss;               /* integral shared memory size */
        long    ru_idrss;               /* integral unshared data " */
        long    ru_isrss;               /* integral unshared stack " */
        long    ru_minflt;              /* page reclaims */
        long    ru_majflt;              /* page faults */
        long    ru_nswap;               /* swaps */
        long    ru_inblock;             /* block input operations */
        long    ru_oublock;             /* block output operations */
        long    ru_msgsnd;              /* messages sent */
        long    ru_msgrcv;              /* messages received */
        long    ru_nsignals;            /* signals received */
        long    ru_nvcsw;               /* voluntary context switches */
        long    ru_nivcsw;              /* involuntary " */
#define ru_last         ru_nivcsw
};

	This was taken from a BSDI 4.0.1 machine.

	I would be checking that the header files are correct.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at iengines.com