unapproved update problem - STILL

sblee at tazmania.org sblee at tazmania.org
Thu Nov 18 02:40:27 UTC 1999

Thanks and apologies. I thought I had upgraded all the servers 3 days
prior to posting this message. Turns out that when I went to confirm
based on your reply, I found that I had neglected to upgrade the most
important system - the FIRST Internic listed domain server. Now that
it's been updated, and I've removed the 'bloackhole' list,  the server
appears to be behaving now. :0

Thanks again.

On 16 Nov 1999 20:41:04 -0800, Mark_Andrews at iengines.com wrote:

>	Double check you are actually running BIND 8.2.2 as
>	this was fixed in 8.2.2.  "ndc status" will report what
>	is running.
>	Mark
>> Folks -
>> I've asked for help with this one before, and the porblem has
>> persisted through all versions of Bind 8.x, including 8.2.2-P5.
>> Our name server keeps drifting off in to limbo. Log entries show an
>> 'unapproved update' from some host, and everytime the reqeust in made,
>> the name server stops answering queries. The only solution I've found
>> to prevent this is the obvious 'blackhole' list. I now have a list of
>> over 25 systems..... For an ISP this can be a maintenance headache.
>> The primary domain server seems to be affected the worst, however, the
>> secondary domain server is also occasionally interrupted. These
>> servers are currently hosting approximately 175 domains.
>> If I missed something in configuration, please tell me. If this is a
>> Bind problem with regard to dynamic DNS, HELP! BTW, I'm told that some
>> of the machines in 'blackhole' list are Win95 eventhough I suspect
>> them to Win2000.
>Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
>1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
>PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at iengines.com

More information about the bind-users mailing list