delegation problems

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Nov 30 19:52:15 UTC 1999

In article <384402d5 at candace.eoc.org.uk>,
Robin Bowes <robin.bowes at eoc.org.uk> wrote:
>I'm getting an error when I try and delegate a domain using the on-line form
>http://www.ina.com.au/delegation/delegationfr.html
>
>I am using the following name server values on the form:
>
>Primary:    ns0.dedicated-services.com 216.87.208.25
>Secondary:  ns1.dedicated-services.com 216.151.192.60
>
>When I submit, I get the following error:
>
>ns0.dedicated-services.com is not listed as a NS by server
>ns1.dedicated-services.com - 1, 0
>
>Any idea what causes this?

What domain are you trying to delegate?  It looks like that form is for
delegating domains within .com.au, but the files you posted for a domain in
..com.

Your servers need to have

zone "SOMETHING.com.au" {
};

and the corresponding zone file needs to include NS records that list
ns0.dedicated-services.com and ns1.dedicated-services.com.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com