testing BIND 8.2.2

N.M. Wallace darkrose at shore.net
Tue Nov 30 23:38:59 UTC 1999

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade from BIND 4.9 to 8.2.2. on a Solaris 2.5.1
machine. I've been following the steps in the December issue of SysAdmin,
#6 of which is testing. The article says that once it's started, the new
nameserver should be able to answer queries authoritatively on whatever
port it's running on--5353, in my case. What I can't figure out is how to
get nslookup to check for a specific port.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Nancy

Nancy M. Wallace	@}-----		darkrose at shore.net

   "He's not so short...He's just...concentrated."
		_Komarr_, Lois McMaster Bujold