Reverse not working all over

Michael Faurot look at my.sig.atww.net
Sun Oct 3 16:18:18 UTC 1999

Jonathan Goldman <jgoldman at cpcug.org> wrote:
: Help -
: I have a domain (thesphinx.org) registered with register.com. My ISP,
: with whom I have a DSL account seems to have done what is necessary to
: handle my DNS (using monroe.patriot.net and jackson.patriot.net). I
: can do forward look ups for my domain, various aliases, and the MX
: record, all of which point to the same IP (209.249.182.61). On their
: servers and one other I checked (clark.net), the reverse lookup shows
: my name as they have it (jgoldman.dsl.patriot.net), but I cannot get a
: satisfactory reverse anywhere else I try, which means I can't get any
: US only downloads (like Netscape).

: Can someone tell me what needs to be corrected and where?

Pick one of the various names (A records) you've had setup for
209.249.162.61 and ask your ISP to configure the reverse to map to
that name.