how to set up subdomain on another server

Joel Yoker yoker at kinghome.net
Mon Oct 4 06:01:15 UTC 1999

I would like to delegate a subdomain of domain.com to another server without
keeping the db file on that server.  The examples I am finding on the web
and HOWTO's are assuming that the server that contains the root domain is
the master.  I would like to have "domain.com" on on IP address/server and
create a subdomain "sub.domain.com" and assign it to another physical IP
address/server which will be the master of all records below it.  The first
server would not have any zone files for this sub in my scenario.  Can
someone steer me in the right direction?  Thanks

Joel