MX problems, again

Eric Ladner eladner at longbeach.goldinc.com
Mon Oct 4 16:28:39 UTC 1999

I know y'all are probably tired of hearing this, but I'm having MX
problems.  I've been through Deja and looked at all the relavent stuff and
tried several different things and I still cann't get it to work.

The Problem:

   Mail to clad at chevron.com gets bounced with the following message:

clad at pasms.chevron.com
    (expanded from: <clad at chevron.com>)

550 clad at pasms.chevron.com... Host unknown (Name server:
pasms.chevron.com: host
 not found)

Other Data:

    pasms.chevron.com is a sub-domain.  It's names server is
bservr.pasms.chevron.com, which is also the mail relay

    recently upgraded to bind 8.2.1 from 4.X

    in the top of the zone/db.pasms file, I have the following:

	IN  MX  5 bservr.pasms.chevron.com.

    Nslookup says:

$ nslookup
Default Name Server:  bservr.pasms.chevron.com
Address:  146.25.12.180

> ls -t mx pasms.chevron.com
[bservr.pasms.chevron.com]
 pasms.chevron.com.             5    bservr.pasms.chevron.com