Help

Li Qiang LiQ at synnex.com
Thu Oct 7 01:43:02 UTC 1999

Hi,

I just setup a DNS server (running at redhat 5.2), and here are the dns files:

etc/named.conf

// generated by named-bootconf.pl

options {
	directory "/var/named";
	/*
	 * If there is a firewall between you and nameservers you want
	 * to talk to, you might need to uncomment the query-source
	 * directive below.  Previous versions of BIND always asked
	 * questions using port 53, but BIND 8.1 uses an unprivileged
	 * port by default.
	 */
	// query-source address * port 53;
};

//
// boot file for name server
//
// type     domain                source host/file          backup file
zone "." {
	type hint;
	file "root.cache";
};

zone "mydomain.com" {
	type master;
	file "named.hosts";
};

And here is the named.hosts file

@		IN SOA	dns1.mydomain.com. postmaster.synnex.com. (
			1999100501	; serial: increment one each time
			60		; refresh: once every 1 mins
			3600		; retry:   one hour
			604800		; expire:  7 days
			7200 )		; ttl:	   two hours

		IN NS	dns1.synnex.com.
;
localhost	IN A		127.0.0.1

I also have root.cache, and some others.

But when i don "nslookup", and here is the error message
" Can't find server name for address 192.168.6.250: Non-existent host/domain"

192.168.6.250 is the system ip address.

Can someone help me on this, or let me know where i can start to troubleshooting this.

Thanks,

Li