problem, is it bind related?

S0LARlSTEK at aol.com S0LARlSTEK at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 20:39:31 UTC 1999

I have 4 physical servers on line.  3 of them are pentium boxes running
solaris 7.  The other is an ULTRA 2 which has solaris 2.6 bind 4.9.X although
it is not being used as a nameserver.  The 2 name servers have solaris 7 and
bind 8.1.2.  When I ping any of these pentium boxes from a DOS or UNIX
machine the ping looks good.  If I ping the ULTRA 2 from DOS it looks good.
If I ping it from another UNIX box I get a message that says DUP!.  If you
ping 216.32.58.8 you will see the problem.

Does anyone have a fix for this type of problem or know someone who does.

Greg