Bind 8.1.2 in.named memory leak in Solaris 7

Joaquim Eudes Mendes Gomide jgomide at bancobrasil.com.br
Fri Oct 8 15:03:18 UTC 1999

Hi Jim

I´m having the  problem describe in the article. Look at top´s information
below:

load averages:  0.02,  0.01,  0.02                                     10:44:42

29 processes:  28 sleeping, 1 on cpu
CPU states: 99.4% idle,  0.0% user,  0.6% kernel,  0.0% iowait,  0.0% swap
Memory: 512M real, 8728K free, 564M swap in use, 71M swap free

  PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME    CPU COMMAND
28729 root       1  58    0  545M  417M sleep  33:57  2.78% in.named
29065 root       1  58    0 2120K 1504K cpu     0:00  0.51% top
29043 root       1  48    0 1784K 1280K sleep   0:00  0.03% ksh

The server is just 3 day up and it is only a name server. This is a internal
dns server and is used for zone transfer, so the cache should not grow as big
as it is. We don´t have so many internal hosts to cache.

Any ideas?

Joaquim Gomide

--
   /\//  Joaquim Eudes Mendes Gomide
  / /\   Analista de Informatica
  \/ /   mailto:gomide at bancobrasil.com.br
 //\/    I am on my own. It´s not Banco do Brasil´s opinion.