Tell named 8.2 to not listen on a device?

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Sun Oct 10 05:02:56 UTC 1999

> I'd like to have named stop listening for requests on the untrusted port
of
> my network.

What's the "untrusted port" of your network?

> I've combed through the documentation and the FAQ and didn't see any
> discussion how to tell named to avoid either a device or a range of IP
> addresses.

How about the allow-query and allow-transfer substatements, or the listen-on
substatement?

> My goal:  have named listen at 10.1.1.1 and 127.0.0.1 only.  Right now
it's
> listening on four sockets.

Sounds like a job for listen-on.  See
http://www.isc.org/view.cgi?/products/BIND/docs/config/options.phtml.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
schedule and to register for upcoming
classes.