Bind 8.1.2 in.named memory leak in Solaris 7

Jim Reid jim at mpn.cp.philips.com
Mon Oct 11 09:44:02 UTC 1999

>>>>> "jgomide" == jgomide  <jgomide at bancobrasil.com.br> writes:

    jgomide> When I start named, it takes 4M. After 3 hours it is
    jgomide> eating 16 M of memory.

    jgomide> About the bind version, bind 8.1.2 in Solaris 7 (message
    Jgomide> subject). I believe this version *has* a memory leak.

Well can you prove it's a memory leak? If so, you should be
complaining very loudly to Sun support. The rapid growth in the size
of the process suggests a memory leak, but it is possible for name
servers to get that big that quickly if they service many thousands of
resolvers.

    jgomide> I´m sure I have to upgrade to bind 8.2, but where do I
    jgomide> get it compiled for Solaris 7?

I don't know. If you don't want to buy Sun's compiler, you can always
use gcc. A search engine should be able to find web sites that provide
precompiled binaries of gcc.