Help Needed with Thnic

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Oct 12 04:22:43 UTC 1999

	NS records MUST refer to A records not CNAMES.  Looking up
	DNS.M6.NET and NIC.M6.NET resulted in CNAMES being returned.
	This is not allowed and is a perfectly good reason for
	rejecting a delegation.

	On top of that both DNS.M6.NET and NIC.M6.NET resolve to the
	*same* IP address.  The reason for have multiple namservers
	is to provide redunancy.

	The fix is to replace the CNAMES with appropriate A records

	e.g.
		dns.m6.net. IN A 206.166.253.66
		nic.m6.net. IN A 206.166.253.69

	Mark