DNS error message

Jamie Finestein jfinestein at mednet.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 12 17:20:45 UTC 1999

I get the following error message in my messages file:

Oct 12 09:44:22 ns2 named-xfer[16696]: [149.142.194.60] not authoritative
for 173.142.149.in-addr.arpa, SOA query got rcode 0, aa 0, ancount 1,
aucount 3

I am running BIND 8.1.2 on my master and 2 secondary servers.  The unusual
thing is that I get this error message on only one of my two secondary
servers during the zone transfer.  I have checked the named.conf file on the
master and there is no record for that address.  So, I do not know where
that address is coming from.

If anyone has an answer, please let me know.

Jamie