alternate port / alternate way for master DNS zone xfers ?

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Wed Oct 13 22:48:48 UTC 1999

   Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 18:44:30 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Jan Vicherek <honza at ied.com>

      I do not have access to the firewall or anywhere where I could
   configure anything. All I was given is a generic IP on a relatively big
   network, and was told that "BTW, DNS TCP connections are blocked". End of
   story. I have to deal with it. I don't know whether BIND8 allows me to
   deal with it.

   PS: where is this list archived ? I guess I've subscribed to the list
   after Barry's answer (I've never seen it), but before you answer. So all I

I access the list via the Usenet newsgroup, and posted my response there
without cc'ing you directly.

   got is your answer.

This list is gatewayed to the comp.protocols.dns.bind Usenet newsgroup.
All Usenet newsgroups are archived at www.deja.com.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com