BIND multiple address list

Edmund c990077 at hk.china.com
Thu Oct 14 01:31:58 UTC 1999

Barry Margolin wrote:

> But why would you want to do this?  If you don't want to return additional
> addresses, why not just return a single A record?

The reason is that I'm using the 'sortlist' to do multiple address sorting for A
record but it return multiple addresses sorted, however, I only want the first
sorted address returned to client.  I can't think of any other way except modifying
the source code to have the first sorted address replacing rest of the addresses in
the multiple address list unless someone can suggest me a better idea and I am
really awaiting for that or the next version of BIND implementing this function.