Minimal distribution of BIND binaries

James Hall-Kenney JHall at sytec.co.nz
Thu Oct 14 07:06:46 UTC 1999

Thanks for the all replies.  Based on the feedback I was able to reduce the
file set down
to 4 files.

./bin
nslookup
dig

./sbin
named
ndc         // To allow restart / reconfig / status etc

For those of you who commented on the missing named-xfer binary, as I said
in the original posting, these specific servers will be caching only servers
so no zone xfers will be taking place.

Thanks again for your help.  The reduced file set should save a major strain
on our small WAN pipes.

Cheers

J.