DNS TOOLS

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Oct 14 21:48:16 UTC 1999

In article <0.98025d94.25379d9b at aol.com>,  <S0LARlSTEK at aol.com> wrote:
>barmar at bbnplanet.com how do I get to that whois server that you mentioned.  I

The whois server I was talking about was whois.internic.net, which should
be your default whois server.

>don't see anything on the net with that domain.  It looks more like a host
>handle.  YOu mentioned a way of looking up 50 domains on network solutions.

It was.  It's the handle for dnsauth2.sys.gtei.net.  When you want to look
up all the domains that a host is registered for, you use "whois server
<host-handle>".

>How do i look up everything for one day and how do I get to the whois server
>you mentioned?

AFAIK, there's no way to do a whois lookup by date.  But there are lots of
undocumented whois options (e.g. "whois server ..." and "whois dump ..."),
so it's possible there's an undocumented way to do that.  But searching by
date doesn't seem like a common enough thing that they would have put such
an option in, so I doubt it.

Try sending to help at internic.net to ask them.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com