appendin '.com' query

peter_sands at my-deja.com peter_sands at my-deja.com
Fri Oct 15 15:52:49 UTC 1999

Hi,

Our domain is set up as  a .com. I have a general query regarding this.
If insert a A record with say 'hosta.com' into my zone file, it cannot
be resolved, nslookup wil just hang there. If  i take off the .com part,
(hosta) which is normal, it get's resolved.

I know the .com get's appended to a hostname ( if your domain is a .com)
but why will it not allow .com as hostnames in the zone file.

This is a frustrating query and not a problem, but I sure would like to
know why this is so.

Regards,
Peter.S.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/