Dynamic DNS

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Fri Oct 15 21:48:25 UTC 1999

> Please pardon my ignorance, but two questions.
>
> Most importantly, where might I find the "archives."  I usually do RTFM
> before I ask for help, but I am not familiar with the "archives" of which
> you speak.

www.deja.com has a web-based, searchable archive of most Internet
newsgroups.  There's also an archive at the ISC's web site,
http://www.isc.org/ml-archives/bind-users/index.html.  (The bind-users
mailing list is bidirectionally gatewayed to this newsgroup.)

> Second, am I to understand that the RP entry is optional, or is normally
> optional, but Granite Canyon requires it?

It's entirely optional as zone data.  I don't know whether GC requires it
or not.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
schedule and to register for upcoming
classes.