Bind 8.2.1 & negative caching ?

Nicolas Sayer Nicolas.Sayer at wanadoo.com
Wed Oct 20 10:17:15 UTC 1999

		hello all!

OK, I have a nice and obscure probleme with my DNS installation.
Things started when we upgraded from bind 4 to 8...

I have a hierarchie of DNSs. All of them use two special DNSs, opened
to the Internet. All the other ones use one of these two as a forwader.
Sometimes, one of the ``backend'' DNS cannot resolv a certain address...
If I try from one of the ``frontend'', it doesn't work either (pure logic)..

Probleme is, the other frontend resolvs OK! And if I nslookup by hand
on the dns of the domain, all is well ... ?

Some configuration error I'm affraid, like if I had negative caching
I added to my named.conf max-ncache-ttl: 0
Should do the trick (unless zero means infinity), yep, I'll try that!

	If anyone has seen this kind of (...)

THX, nick
--
Nicolas Sayer <Nicolas.Sayer at wanadoo.com>