dual primary dns server

johndoe911 at hotmail.com johndoe911 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 20:28:48 UTC 1999

I have two different DNS servers, both running on Win NT.  They are both
primary DNS servers.  The problem is when I do a "nslookup" or a "ping"
from another NT server, the server only looks at the first DNS server.
If it cannot find it in the first DNS server then it does not bother to
look at the second one and returns an error message that it could not
find it.
Is there any way to solve this problem, so that if the name is not in
the first primay DNS server then the server should go and request from
the second primary DNS server.
The two DNS servers are on two different networks.

Thanks in advance for any input on this problem.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.