Can't seem to get ns_update to work...

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Thu Oct 21 17:49:17 UTC 1999

> I'm new to the group, so new the FAQ hasn't turned up in the posts I can
> access yet.
> Anyway, I have a Windows NT4 SP4 as a DHCP server and I was hoping it
would
> issue ns_updates to the primary DNS, but unfortunately, it refuses. I have
> an "allow-update" in named.conf with the IP-address of the DHCP server.

I'm no expert on the Microsoft DHCP Server, but I thought that the DHCP
server in Windows NT didn't send dynamic updates.  The one in Windows
2000 does.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
schedule and to register for upcoming
classes.