xfernets

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Oct 22 14:48:41 UTC 1999

Mike Wright spake thusly:
> I'm in the process of converting from 4.9.7 to 8.1.2. There is a script
> that supposedly converts NAMED.BOOT into named.conf but haven't had much
> luck.
> 8.1.2 doesn't recognize the xfernets option; and include doesn't want to
> play anymore. Any ideas as to where I'd find this info?

The manual entries, if you remembered to download the docs tarball, are
full and pretty complete.

If you run
	named-bootconf < named.boot > named.conf
you'll find that the V4 "xfrnets" option has been changed to the V8
       [ allow-transfer { address_match_list }; ]
option.

In named.conf, you should now be able to
	include "file";
where "file" is in the default directory.  In the zone files, you
should still be able to
	$INCLUDE <filename> <opt_domain>

OBTW, convert to 8.2.2.  There may be a few patches announced on this
list in the next couple of weeks; that's typical.  ;-)  The 8.2 series
is better than 8.1.2.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B