Someone pleae help

Ken Holmes ken at virtualworldinc.com
Fri Oct 22 04:15:25 UTC 1999

Can someone help me please
I have the DNS and Bind book It kinda confuses me a little, but I will read
it and understand it.
I need imediate help.
I have a primary dns which we will call mydomain1.com that DNS is handled by
the ISP.  Now I have setup Linux Red Hat 6.0 and sendmail and DNS and BIND
OK so I am only allowed to have one IP they are cheap.
So now I have multiple sub domains. I registered with Internic.
At first everything went fine. I was lost about what to do, but I got them
working so now I have www.mydomain2.com as a virtual domain.  So now I
registered like 2 more and number 3 works www.mydomain3.com and number 4
worked right untill tonight www.mydomain4.net .  Now I can only access it by
typing mydomain4.net which is no good because the people want to type
www.mydomain4.com
Here is what this domains zone file looks like

@               IN         SOA    virtual.virtualworldinc.com.
hostmaster.virtualworldinc.com
                        1999080903 ; serial
                        3600 ; refresh
                        900 ; retry
                        1209600 ; expire
                        43200 ; default_ttl
                        )

mynetstore.net. IN      MX      10      mail.virtualworldinc.com.
@               IN      MX      5       virtualworldinc.com.
@               IN      NS      virtualworldinc.com.
@               IN      A       207.179.141.20
www             IN      A       207.179.141.20
www             IN      NS      virtualworldinc.com.
mynetstore.net  IN      MX      5       mail.virtualworldinc.com.

Here is a file from the one that works I know this one is screwed up, but I
don't get why it works and the other doesn't above

@               IN      SOA     virtual.virtualworldinc.com.
hostmaster.virtualworldinc.com
                        1999080903 ; serial
                        3600 ; refresh
                        900 ; retry
                        1209600 ; expire
                        43200 ; default_ttl
                        )
afterimageds.com.               IN      MX      6
afterimageds.com.               IN      MX      10
mail.afterimageds.com.
@               IN      MX      5       virtualworldinc.com.
@               IN      NS      virtualworldinc.com.
@               IN      A       207.179.141.20
www             IN      A       207.179.141.20
www             IN      NS      virtualworldinc.com.
www             IN      MX      5       mail.afterimageds.com.

Please help me with this problem whether it be a total overhaul of my DNS I
really need to get this working

Thanks