Copying DNS database

John Kennedy jkennedy at orent.com
Fri Oct 22 21:35:26 UTC 1999

We are in the process of creating a secondary DNS server.  Our primary
DNS server is running BIND 8.1.2 on AIX 4.2(? if not 4.2 it's VERY
old.).  Our Secondary DNS Server will be the latest version running of
BIND (about to be downloaded) on a Solaris 2.6 machine.
Our overall plan is to move the database from the old AIX box to the Sun
box.  We are going to rebuild the AIX box with LinuxPPC 5 (It is an old
Apple Network Server) and then bring that back online as the primary DNS
box also running DHCP.
Outside of copying the database we (I) can do it.
Thanks for your help.
John
--
What if Bill Gates got a 10 dollar bill each time a Windows computer
crashed?