BIND 8.1.2 on solaris7 X86 Secondary DNS server

G. Roderick Singleton gsingleton at home.com
Mon Oct 25 11:59:42 UTC 1999

Mark_Andrews at isc.org wrote:

>         We fixed a number of DoS issues with BIND 8.2.2 this may be one
>         of them.  It may also just be resource starvation.  BIND does not
>         behave well in an envirionment where there is swapping / paging
>         occuring.
>
>         Mark

Please explain in a bit more detail, what you mean by the above. I run
under Solaris 2.x which swaps/pages regularly and have noticed
degradation in my name services. I would like to know whether or
not your observations apply to my situation.

G. Roderick Singleton, <gsingleton at home.com> PATH tech,
71 Underhill Drive, Unit 159, Toronto, ON  M3A 2J8
Voice : 416-452-4583 Fax: 416-452-0036 Toll Free: 1-800-354-PATH

*** Notice To Bulk Emailers: Attention!  Pursuant to US Code, Title 47,
Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any & all unsolicited commercial e-mail
sent to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in the
amount of the $1500 US and copies will be forwarded to domain
administrators.  Emailing denotes acceptance of said terms!