Sometimes it doesn't pay to be Mr. DNS

Cedric Puddy cedric at itactics.itactics.com
Mon Oct 25 15:36:07 UTC 1999

Some of the Mr. DNS answers have been of great value to
me, and knowing that you folks are out there makes me a
heck of a lot more comfortable running bind over MS-DNS
or whatever else (I for one know exactly how much I
can depend on MS tech support to "be there for me",
I can't say it makes me confident in using there stuff).

Even more than the Mr. DNS, I've found the DNS & BIND
book a real life saver.  (Incidentally, a DNS & BIND
that covers all of this new hoopla about signatures,
DDNS, and general BIND improvements would find a nice
cozey spot on my bookself so fast... :)  Reading the
code may be one thing, but it doesn't necessarily
make it clear why things are or what the "best way
to put it all together might be".  Between the books,
and your Mr. DNS forum there's a solid reference
resource, and an authoritative, if sometimes terse,
interactive resource (and, by the by, I don't mind
terse in the least - that's a complienment :).

	Thanks,

	-Cedric

-
   Cedric Puddy, IS Director		cedric at thinkers.org