DNS setup for known external hosts ?

Marc Redmile-Gordon marc at carsplus.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 16:50:12 UTC 1999

Hi there,

I am setting up DNS on SCO 505 unix.  I have all the local hosts entered in
/etc/named.hosts  & reverse DNS entries for all my local machines in
named.rev.

When adding DNS entries for known external "dial-out" hosts ( routed via the
AC congo gateway ) , what do I do ?
The hosts have ip addresses but no domain.  Do I just leave the domain bit
blank in named.rev ? - or do I just make no entries in this file ? - I am
having intermittent problems telnetting to some of these hosts and I beleive
this is the source of them.

If anyone has any experience in this area please can they offer a few words
of guidance?

thanks!
hopefully,

Marc.