Redundant PTR records

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Oct 27 14:14:01 UTC 1999

	We have a Class B network and support several domains besides
okstate.edu.  Is there any way to include multiple reverse maps in our
78.139.IN-ADDR.ARPA  file?

	At present, I simply grep all the reverse maps for PTR records
and cat them on to the okstate.rev.139.78 file.  It would be much
better for named to include those extra records automatically.

	Briefly, I use Philip Hazel's makezones script to help police
the forward and reverse maps.  Each domain produces a few more PTR
records in another reverse map which also belongs in 139.78.  I simply
want to have all the reverse maps together so that every PTR record
there will be accessible.

	I thought I had sent this yesterday, but I may have gotten
side-tracked as I have not seen it or any replies so my apologies if I
did send it yesterday.

Martin McCormick