Internal roots and forwarding.

kevinm at crt.com kevinm at crt.com
Wed Oct 27 18:21:29 UTC 1999

James,

 If the DNS server that your clients point to is NOT the same server as you
root servers then you should be able to do this.  I do so now where I've got
my hints file setup w/ the actual Internet root servers and I forward any
internal zones that I need to resolve to an internal root server.  Works
like a charm ( for me at least ).  I'm also running 8.2.1 on both Sun and
HP.

Kevin Martin
Firewall/DNS/SMTP/Network Admin.
kevinm at crt.com