For those half technical people

Ken Holmes ken at virtualworldinc.com
Fri Oct 29 04:32:40 UTC 1999

Hey I had a thought.

Maybe not a good one, but it seemed like a good idea to me.

Someone who is very knowledgeable in DNS and Bind should create a simple web site explaining howto setup DNS for a primary Nameserver and a single virtual host.  That way the people like me who are half technical and still learning alot about Unix can understand without all the technical double talk that we are not familiar with.  I read the linux howto on dns and I find it is very hard to understand because they always make reference to very large networks with like 4 and 5 nameservers in different locations etc... etc.. etc...

Anyways just a thougt I still don't understand really about DNS even though I own the Bind and DNS book for V8.

Thanks for listening