BIND 8.2.2, forwarders and delegations

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Sat Oct 30 00:46:51 UTC 1999

In my setup, I have no blank forwarders lists.  In each case, I
explicitly give the IP addresses for the name servers to which each
zone should be forwarded.  This is in addition to having NS records for
those domains which are subdomains of my primary domain.

Anything that is not otherwise explicitly forwarded uses the default
forwarding - out the firewall.

As in your case, all local name servers forward to the central name
server, and systems explicitly in the highest-level domain use it as
their resolving server.

It works.  But I haven't upgraded from 8.2 to 8.2.2 yet.  [8.2.1 hung
nightly, and I didn't have time to figure out why.]

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B