Internet Hosting with Bind

Ramyar Jafarkhani ask at me.if.you.want.to.know
Sat Oct 30 17:30:06 UTC 1999

Hello,

I am running bind on my NT machine. I'd like to start hosting web sites.
Here's my question...
Will others on the internet see the domains I put in the server if:
-DNS is functioning correctly (i.e. the domain I entered in Bind functions
if I set my DNS server on my client to that of the server)
-It's registered with InterNIC/NetworkSolutions as a Name server (there's
two of them, a primary and a secondary)
-The domain itself is registered to point to my DNS server by InterNIC

All this is true... I got a reply from InterNIC this morning that the domain
I registered is up... and there's still no party... when I type in the URL
of the server it gives me an error that the domain does not exist (as if
it's not out there).
Any ideas? Should I just wait more for something to update? The world can't
see my DNS, apparently.
Thanks in advance.

--
Sincerely,