sysquery error

Jim Reid jim at mpn.cp.philips.com
Sat Oct 30 21:48:31 UTC 1999

    Tong> Dear All, Could someone tell me what does the following log
    Tong> message mean and if there's an error, how to fix it ?

    Tong> named[6206]: sysquery: findns error (NXDOMAIN) on ns.sanbernardino.net?

I explained this yesterday and it has been answered many times in the
past. Please use deja-news or consult the FAQ before asking the same
question that has been asked and answered zillions of times already.

Your name server found an NS record for ns.sanbernardino.net somewhere
but there was no corresponding A record for this name. This is an error.
Take this up with the DNS administrator of the sanbernardino.net zone
or the administrator of the zone that had the broken NS record.
[Finding that administrator is an exercise for the reader. :-)]