Bind 8 and startup problems

Troy Gomez troyg at accesscom.net
Sun Oct 31 05:40:38 UTC 1999

I running FreeBsd 3.3 release with bind 8.2.2 and I'm running into a problem
here.  my named.conf and other necessary files are properly configured.
Listed below is line that says listen on this ip address.  When trying to
start the name server I'm doing a tail -f messages and everything starts
fine.  When trying to do a nslookup my server is not responding.  if I put
in listen on 127.0.0.1 named starts and resolves everything.  Has anyone run
into this problem before?

options {
        directory "/etc/namedb";
        listen-on {208.142.xxx.x;};
        statistics-file "named.stats";

I have another NS running on OpenBSD with the same version of Bind and all
is good.

Appreciate any help/advice.

Troy