Pls help! DNS is not world-readable!!!

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Sun Oct 31 06:03:28 UTC 1999

In article <381AA487.9122E751 at magix.com.sg>,
jhfoo  <dtamcc at magix.com.sg> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I have a problem getting the world to query my DNS. My domain name is
>registered. I know the records at InterNIC are correct because when I
>put an NT DNS on the DNS IP, the domain is world-readable. But when I
>put a BIND 8 (for Linux) DNS on the same IP, the domain is not working.

Your secondary server, DNS.DEUTSCHETELEKOMASIA.COM, does not seem to have
the zone installed on it:

% dig dtasia.com ns @dns.deutschetelekomasia.com

; <<>> DiG 2.2 <<>> dtasia.com ns @dns.deutschetelekomasia.com
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 10
;; flags: qr rd ra; Ques: 1, Ans: 0, Auth: 0, Addit: 0
;; QUESTIONS:
;;	dtasia.com, type = NS, class = IN

;; Total query time: 345 msec
;; FROM: burlma1-sshare1 to SERVER: dns.deutschetelekomasia.com  202.42.223.254
;; WHEN: Sun Oct 31 01:02:14 1999
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 28  rcvd: 28

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com