Secondary updates on bind 8.1.2 solaris 7 X86

S0LARlSTEK at aol.com S0LARlSTEK at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 07:32:20 UTC 1999

So basically I should have it as follows.

zone "jtinternet.com" in {
    type slave;
    file "jtinternet.com.db";
    masters { 216.32.58.6; };
};

I though this was the purpose of resolv.conf but I guess I was wrong.  I will
try this and see what happens.

The address of my primary and secondary are as follows.

ns1.websgt.net  216.32.58.6
ns2.jtinternet.com  216.32.58.7

Would it be better if I renamed my secondary to ns2.websgt.net so it always
looks to the websgt.net zone for both primary and secondary info?  From there
it would learn that the secondary and primary both have different numbers and
name such as.

ns1.websgt.net 216.32.58.6
ns2.websgt.net 216.32.58.7

In article <0.5f245835.254d3f29 at aol.com>,  <S0LARlSTEK at aol.com> wrote:
>I am not sure what you mean.  The # of the machine that my secondary in is
>216.32.58.7 which is also the # of jtinternet.com.

That's the problem.  The address in the "masters" command should be the
address of the *primary*.  You put that command on the secondary, to tell
it where to fetch the zone data from.  If you have "masters
{216.32.58.7;};" on the machine whose address is 216.32.58.7, you've got it
backward.