Secondary updates on bind 8.1.2 solaris 7 X86

S0LARlSTEK at aol.com S0LARlSTEK at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 18:23:12 UTC 1999

Last night I edited my slave named.conf file to point every zone to its
master server.  It is updating just fine.  Now I understand how a single
slave dns server is able to act as a slave for multiple primary servers.

Greg

<< >Does the masters statement of every single zone have to point back ot
master
 >name server or the actual IP address of that site?

 They point to the master server.  The A records *in* the zone point to the
 IP addresses of the machines in that domain.