running w/ win2k as master and bind8 as slave (was win2k's dns)

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Wed Sep 1 20:38:44 UTC 1999

> >    We use a System Management System based (ever more loosely)
> >    on "Moira" from MIT Project Athena / DECathena.
> Neat.
> Availability?

    Unfortunately, we can't give out our version due to
    contracts we signed with Digital [RIP] :(   You can get
    something from ftp://athena-dist.mit.edu/pub/ATHENA/moira/
    but my recollection is that it is pretty much just
    "a starting point".

> How does this authenticate DDNS?

    I'm not sure I understand your question exactly.  Is this
    the answer (we are not at present using RFC2065):

zone "mail.iastate.edu" in {
        type master;
        file "db.mail.iastate.edu";
        allow-update { sms-servers; };
};

    If that's not the answer, then perhaps this is:
    All connections from management clients to our
    management server are authenticated using Kerberos.

John