Trying to a zone transfer from a primary server that is not a par t of our domain in BIND 8.1.2

Miller, Todd Todd.Miller at wl.com
Thu Sep 2 12:23:45 UTC 1999

Question,
We are in the process of upgrading to BIND 8.1.2 from 4.8.3.

A company that was purchased about a year ago is in a different domain the
rest of our company.

For example,

Our name server is authoritative for  companyA.com
and the name server I am trying to transfer from or secondary is in
companyB.om.

It works fine in BIND 4.8.3 but I get wrong query in resp from [#.#.#.#],
zone companyB.om: [companyB.com IN IXFR]

Is there something I have to do different with 8.1.2 to make this work?

Thanks