Non-Authorative Domain ?

James Chiswell Jones james at insanely-great.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 08:25:11 UTC 1999

Hi,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with a DNS problem
I've been having.  I'm using a Linux PPC server to run my Primary DSN and
serve my firm's domain name (insanely-great.co.uk) using Bind 4 (I think
it's 4 anyway).   Seconday DNS is run by our ISP (Cableinet).   We are
running into a problem where the zone transfer will not work, Cableinet's
DNS is saying that our DNS is 'not authoritative' for the
'insanely-great.co.uk' zone.  They've checked our zone file and named.boot
and as far as we can both tell these are configured correctly.  Does
anyone know what we've done wrong ?

Thanks,

James Chiswell Jones
Sys Admin/Director