DNS stopped working

Jason Rotunno rotunnoj at mail.med.upenn.edu
Thu Sep 2 19:02:02 UTC 1999

Joseph S D Yao (jsdy at cospo.osis.gov) wrote:
: > still is working fine as well.  The third domain, though which also only
: > has a primary nameserver, again being my box, no longer seems to work.  It
: > seems to have stopped working within the last day.  If I'm logged into
: > my box and do an nslookup using my nameserver everything works fine.  If
: > I do an nslookup from other servers, though it comes back with "non
: > existent host/domain" and of course I'm unable to connect to it using any
: > method.  I haven't modified the DNS at all since I've set it up last
: > spring.  And like I said, the other domain which only uses my box for its
: > DNS works fine and I'm able to get to it from other servers (maybe

: Given these symptoms, the first thing to do is check and see whether
: you've paid your domain bill.  It sounds like your domain's parent is
: no longer referring to your name server.

I actually thought of that because I haven't paid the bill.  I did a
whois on my domain and it's still existent and lists my box as the
nameserver.  Even though this is the case is it what you said a possibility?