Old libraries

Sam Shteingart samsh at ms.com
Thu Sep 2 19:39:09 UTC 1999

I'm replacing BIND 4.9.6 with BIND 8.2.1.  All binaries are running
fine.  In the last momemnt I noticed that two libraries that existed in
4.9.6: lib44bsd.a and libresolv.a no longer exist.  Instead, there are
two new libraries: libbind.a and libbind_r.a.

Is this change significant?  Are these libraries used only by the
applications that come with BIND distribution, or could there be some
other application that may expect to find them?

On a similar not, two header files, cdefs.h and bitypes.h have moded
from /compat/sys to port/<os>/include/sys.  Are these files expected to
be available for general applications?

Thank you,

--
Sam Shteingart   Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Co.
Phone: (212) 762-2377  Fax: (212)762-1009

e-mail:  samsh at ms.com