DNS and Bind Recrusion page 39 (3rd edition)

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Thu Sep 2 22:32:21 UTC 1999

Boy, you guys can't cite text to save your own lives, can you?

But I now think I've pieced together what you mean.  The paragraph before
the "Mapping Addresses to Names" section, which begins, "A resolver queries
a local name server..." could be clearer.  If it began:

"A resolver sends a recursive query to a local name server, which then sends
iterative queries to a number of other name servers in pursuit of an answer
for the resolver."

it would be clearer.  Do you agree?

Mr. DNS
Acme Byte & Wire
mr-dns at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com/askmr.htm

Come meet Mr. DNS at our next DNS and BIND class!
See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the scheduler
and to register for upcoming classes.