DNS programming

charlie.smith at sdpsbbs.sdps-bbs.com charlie.smith at sdpsbbs.sdps-bbs.com
Fri Sep 3 05:13:32 UTC 1999

 -=> Quoting Brian {Hamilton Kelly} to All <=-

 B{K> Just for amusement, I wrote something in REXX that would query
 B{K> nameserver (a sort-of cut-down "nslookup"); I could e-mail you
 that
 B{K> source if you're interested.  (I did this because I was writing
 an
 B{K> SMTP client in Rexx, and wanted to access the destinations' MX
 records
 B{K> from within the code, using neither a smarthost, nor calling
 the local
 B{K> resolver.)  It was quite an "interesting" exercise getting the
 correct
 B{K> binary values into character strings (because the latter is the
 ONLY
 B{K> form of variable that Rexx uses).  Nevertheless, it worked: I
 really
 B{K> must get around to completing the SMTP client (I haven't
 touched it for
 B{K> a year:-)
 B{K> Let me know an e-mailbox if you want it.

I'd like to see a copy of the above mentioned REXX code.

Email address: csmith at mms-inc.com

Thanks

Charlie Smith

The CyberSpace BBS uptime is 4d 10h 08m 17s 401ms (en).

Charlie Smith                      Smith Data Processing Services
csmit002 at sdpsbbs.sdps-bbs.com      The CyberSpace BBS - 1:231/992
Decatur Township Info Network      BBS/PPP/FAX --- 1 317 856 9020