Setting up a Root name server

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Sep 3 23:39:24 UTC 1999

> I don't supose you can see a way around that? I dont want to run my servers
> without the ability to fall back to the other root servers. Does BIND actualy
> randomly select a root server out of the hint file??

Instead of "forward only", in my previous suggestion, use "forward
first".  (This is the default mode of my previous suggestion.)

I realize that this makes it MORE used per client name server than the
Internet root servers (i.e., almost always); but you have a smaller
population [I am assuming, based on good mathematical arguments], and
you have been saying that you can handle it.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B