domain.com does't work

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Sat Sep 4 04:09:36 UTC 1999

Olaf Walkowiak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> vicky <vicky at web.de> writes:
>
> > Hi there
> >
> > so lucky - everything looks good on my local nameserver (8.2.1)
> > but if I try to connect to domain without using www. or anything else,
> > the connection was refused.
>
> Seems to me it is not a DNS Problem. If you get a "Connection refused"
> error I thinkit is a Web Server related Problem (Or maybe a tco
> wrapper related one). Tell us more....

In almost ALL cases, Connection Refused simply means there is nothing
listening to the port you are trying to connect to.

> > How to tell my ns to use the same IP for www.domain.com and domain.com ?
> > Nslookup (local is default) on domain.com sends back the IP of the
> > nameserver.
>
> It sounds like it works, what does "host domain.com" say?

Well, you could simply create an A record for it.
But, it must be mapped to something or you wouldn't have gotten a
connection refused message (ECONNREFUSED)

Michael Voight
Cisco TAC

Michael