Same configuracion, different performance

IRIS-NIC iris-nic at rediris.es
Tue Sep 7 07:54:41 UTC 1999

Hello all,

	I have two secondaries with the same configuration (v 8.2.1). When I
update the zone in the primary server (v 8.2.1), one of the secondaries
transfers the zone and updates its information at the moment. On the contrary,
the other secondary transfers the zone at the moment but doesn't update its
information. I have to execute ndc reload to have the right information.

	Do you have any idea for solving this? I thought the default was yes in
notify option, but I don't know if it works well. Maybe I have to dump the
cache periodically? How can I know if the cache works well?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards,

Maribel Cosin.

|   RedIRIS NIC                                                 |
|   Centro de Comunicaciones CSIC RedIRIS                       |
|   Serrano 142                 Tel:    + 34 915855150          |
|   28006  Madrid               Fax:    + 34 915855146          |
|   SPAIN                       Email:  iris-nic at rediris.es     |