Internel Root servers

Philip Wolfe philwolfe at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 07:41:01 UTC 1999

Hello to all in the "namedroppers",

I have recently joined an international company, remaining
unnamed,which uses "forwarders" for its subdomain to resolve to the
Internet.I would like to propose the implementation of Internal Root
Servers,but
have not done this before. Does anyone have a more comprehensive
reference on this subject? I have the latest copy of "DNS and BIND"
from O'Reilly, but would like more information.

Also, if it is possible, I would like to know of any other largesites
that have already implemented Internal Root servers.

I do understand that Internal Root servers do not work for a network
that requires each server to have access to the Internet namespace,so I
really need more information on this in particular.

Thank you for allowing this request and I look forward to your reply.